The plugins act as an attribute of the Firefox browser and you can avail the extra functionalities through them. If issues occur with the plugins, then the Firefox extensions stop responding. Moreover, the active browser pages crash immediately without showing any error messages. Even, the performance of the Firefox browser degrades automatically and the browser becomes gradually slow.
However, we are going to highlight the problems behind this unexpected error and solve them accordingly in this content. In case of a serious problem, you might take help from a Technical Support Team and avoid this situation as soon as possible.
Resolve the Problem of the Firefox Plugin Container with Some Technical Troubleshooting Steps
Some of the simple ways will help you a lot to mitigate the Firefox Plugin container crashes issue immediately. So, you can follow the steps below and avoid all the plug-in issue easily:
Fix 1: Upgrade Firefox
Obsolete version of the Firefox sometimes creates technical hassles, thereby letting the Firefox plugin problems to show up. Therefore, to update Firefox, you can fix the Firefox plugin issue quickly:
- First, double-click on the Firefox Browser icon and open the browser window.
- After that, click on the Menu (three Consecutive lines) and choose Help from the menu that appears under this section.
- Now, click on the About Firefox from the sub-context menu to make the browser search automatically whether an update is available.
- Then, click on the latest version of Firefox and hit the Download and Install button.
- Wait until the process shows the successful message, “The Firefox is Updated Successfully” and click on the Restart to Update Firefox after installing it.
- When done, reboot the device and try to relaunch the Firefox to verify whether the Firefox plugin container crash still persists or not.
Fix 2: Launch Firefox in Safe Mode
If the Firefox creates a problem when you are using the plug-ins for your browser. In that case, open the browser in Safe Mode is the best way to overcome the Firefox plugin container crashes problem very easily:
- Launch the Firefox window and click on the Firefox menu.
- Now, click on the Help option from the list and Select the option says, “Restart with Add-ons Disabled” from the sub-menu.
- Now, close the Settings window and restart Firefox to resolve the Firefox crashes issue got fixed or not.
Fix 3: Disable the Add-ons
Too many Add-ons or problematic extensions are responsible for the Firefox plugin issue. Then, you may get stuck to use those plug-ins. So, you might turn off or remove those Add-Ons from your browser:
- After launching the Firefox window, click on the Menu from the left corner of the window.
- Click on Add-Ons from the sub-menu from the list and open the Add-ons Manager window.
- Now, select the Extensions from the Add-ons Manager tab and choose the Add-Ons from that list as per your requirement.
- Next, hit the Disable button and click on the Restart Now button if it pops up on the screen.
- The extensions are removed and refresh the website to verify whether the plugin container crashes issue got fixed.
Fix 4: Reinstall the Firefox
The installation file error or a corrupted executable file of Firefox is another reason responsible for making the extensions hazards. So, you might uninstall all the Firefox installation files with other extended files and then install them one by one with the latest version:
- Type “Control” in the Cortana search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Control Panel window.
- Now, click on the Programs & Features from that Control Panel window and click on the Uninstall a Program from the next window.
- Here, you can see a list of application software that is already installed on your system and select the Firefox from that queue.
- Right-click on the Firefox Installer with other associated files and choose Uninstall from the pop up menu.
- Then, you need to hit the YES button or Y key from the keyboard to confirm the Firefox installation program.
- After that, the app removal process will start to perform automatically and wait until you get the message, “Firefox is Removed Successfully”.
- Next, open another browser and go to the Firefox Official website.
- Here, you might choose the latest version of the Firefox and hit the Download and Install button. Then follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation process effectively.
- After installing, try to launch the Firefox window and open the webpages to check whether the plugins are working or not.
Fix 5: Upgrade the Shockwave Player
Outdated plugins like Shockwave and Adobe Player sometimes create a barrier in running other plugins. Then, you need to update those Firefox extensions with the fresh version and that must be compatible with the version of the Operating System:
- Click on the Tools under the Menu section and click on Add-ons from the sub-menu.
- After that, click on the Plugins and hit the Update Now button. Thus, it will go to the Adobe Flash Player Site directly.
- Now, make sure that other plugins are disabled. After that, click on the Install Now button to start the installation program.
- Next, execute the installation file and wait for a few minutes to complete.
- When done, restart the system and verify whether the error firefox plugin container crashes still appear or not.
How do I Enable the Shockwave Flash?
Some users face the Shockwave Plugin problems. Here, the one and the only way to fix this technical error is to enable it effectively:
- Go to the Add-on section from the Firefox menu items and click on the Plugins.
- Look for Shockwave for Director or Shockwave Player from the Add-Ons section and right-click on it.
- Then, choose Always Active from the pop-up menu that appears on the window.
- After that, close the Add-ons Manager and click the Refresh button to reload the current webpage.
- Finally, restart the browser and check whether the Shockwave plugin is working properly or not.
Fix 6: Modify the X-Marks Settings
The built-in extension X-Marks is very important to perform several operations. But, the settings error of that plug-in creates the Add-ons issue very often. So, you need to customize the X-marks settings appropriately and then, you need to consult with a technical expert if necessary:
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser window by tapping on its icon and click the blue XMarks icon at the top-right section of the browser window.
- Now, select the XMarks Settings option from the list which appears on the screen. Here, you can verify the XMarks plugin status.
- After that, click on the Menu from the upper-right section if the window and click on the About Add-Ons.
- Locate the XMarks Add-Ons from the plugin list and tap on the Options button.
- After that, navigate to the Advanced tab from the same window and hit Repair from the window.
- Then, follow the instructions that will prompt on the screen and restart the browser afterward.
If you are not a tech-savvy person, it will be difficult to perform and in that case, you can connect with the Technical Support team for a quick fix.
Fix 7: Disable the Hardware Acceleration
Many a time, you can see that only disable the Hardware acceleration, you can overcome the Firefox plugin problem without much effort:
- Open the Mozilla window and again click on the Menu button from the window.
- Now, click on the Options from the displayed menu and click on the General Panel from the next window.
- After that, scroll down until you reach the Performance section and remove the tick from the checkbox says, “the Use recommended performance settings”.
- Clear the checkbox entitled “Use hardware acceleration when possible entry” and close the menu.
- Finally, restart the browser and verify whether the error still persists or not.
In this article, we have tried to inform about the feasible solution to fix the Firefox plugin issue. Moreover, we have provided important guidelines to avoid this annoying issue by identifying the problem at the very initial stage. We hope, this content will be helpful to overcome the Firefox plugin container crash issue immediately without any technical flaws and you can enhance the browser performance. For immediate assistance, you can avail of our affordable service and resolve the issue effectively.