Users report a common complaint saying that the Firefox couldn’t load XPCOM which is very annoying since it puts a complete stop to the use of the browser.
Now, the sight of the error stirs a sense of confusion in the minds of the users. And they seek an immediate solution in order to treat the issue.
But, that isn’t the most efficient manner of troubleshooting the problem.
You must know something about the error itself and the causes which trigger the issue. Doing this makes the troubleshooting procedure easier.
As per most of the customer reports, they have mentioned that they couldn’t load XPCOM Firefox. But don’t worry because with this informative post, your will surely get rid of the problem with your Firefox without too much hassle.
But before that, stick through to know what the error signifies and note the causes which induce the complication.
More About Firefox’s Failure to Load XPCOM
The issue is the product of the malfunction during the Windows Updates. There are other major reasons which trigger this issue as well.
After a Windows update, when users tend to launch the Mozilla Firefox, the error manifests before the users.
Moreover, if the profile folder of Firefox is faulty or corrupt, the issue appears then as well. And the folder can get corrupted due to a malware attack.
Furthermore, the installation of a third-party extension and its incorporation into the Firefox browser can also hamper the profile folder.
However, these are the potential reasons which can lead to the issue of the failure of Firefox to load XPCOM. Now, you can proceed to the next section which holds effective solutions.
As the problem where your Firefox can’t load XPCOM might occur naturally, the procedures to treat it are plenty. But, we have only listed the ones which are highly effective.
5 Effective Procedures to Solve Firefox’s Failure to Load XPCOM
In order to troubleshoot the annoying error, you must implement the underlying solutions with care. So, plunge into the solutions now and get done with the error immediately:
Procedure 1: Uninstall and then Reinstall the Firefox
At times, the presence of faulty and missing files tend to induce the problem. And during such a case, you must uninstall the software only to reinstall it anew.
Doing this can purge the system from its corrupted files. And a fresh installation can troubleshoot the error completely.
Therefore, stick through the dedicated guide:
- Firstly, make sure to backup all the Firefox Bookmarks, Passwords, Settings, etc.
- Then, proceed to completely eliminate the Firefox application from the computer system.
- Head to the Control Panel and there proceed to the list of applications. Locate the Firefox program there and select it only to uninstall it from the system.
- It may take just a minute or two while the uninstall session completes.
- After that, proceed to the website of Mozilla Firefox and then, locate the latest version of it. Download it for which you must wait a couple of minutes.
- Install the program into the system and then proceed to restore the Firefox settings.
This is one of the most effective procedures which can remove the faulty element from the root only to restore a newer version of it.
Now, the common complaint that the system couldn’t load XPCOM Firefox is sure to go away. If not, the next section is sure to guide you with it.
However, you can also consider the expert assistance of a technical professional.
Procedure 2: Update the Firefox Browser
An outdated application becomes a major concern when the program crashes or manifests an error.
All these inconveniences take place only due to the obsolete application which conflicts with the Operating System.
Therefore, it becomes mandatory for the perplexed users to update the Firefox application:
- To do this, firstly, you must check if the version of the Mozilla Firefox is updated or not. Right-click on the application and check its Properties. Note the version which you must tally with the one available online.
- Then, head to the official website of the Firefox. Therein, locate the latest version and tally it with the one installed in your system.
- If they are the same, it means that the program is already updated. However, if they don’t match, it means that your system would require an update session.
For this, you’d have to wait for a couple of minutes. After the update process is complete, make sure that you Restart your computer system.
Doing that after the update, makes the alterations effective. And when the system Restarts, you must check whether the problem lingers.
If the issue persists, then you must head to the next solution without further delay. Also, you can employ the assistance of an expert mind in the technical realm.
Procedure 3: Launch Firefox in Safe Mode and Disable Firefox Extensions
In this method, we suggest you launch the Firefox application in Safe Mode. For that, you must adhere to the following dedicated steps:
- Firstly, press and hold down the Shift button and then, proceed with a double-click on the program of Firefox.
- Then, move the cursor to the option Start in Safe Mode and click on it.
- Now, if the Firefox launches without displaying the “couldn’t load XPCOM Firefox” error, then you can trace the culprit. Probably, it is a Firefox extension which is the root cause of the complication.
- If such is the scenario, proceed to disable the installed add-ons one by one. After that, Close the application until you track the faulty plugin.
- In order to disable a plugin of Firefox, choose the option of Add-ons which is present in the main menu.
- Next, proceed to Disable the Add-ons which are installed, at Extensions pane. Then, normally restart Firefox unless you detect the problematic extension.
- Now, when you trace out the faulty extension, proceed to eradicate it completely.
The error is sure to go away if you have implemented the steps properly. However, if it doesn’t you must head to the next procedure.
You can also incline towards expert help for treating this issue in a hassle-free manner.
Procedure 4: Reset Firefox Settings to Default
At times, simply changing the settings to the former arrangement or, in technical terms, to default, can go a long way.
Doing this can treat the annoying error message completely. Therefore, stick through the underlying steps:
- Firstly, Start the Firefox application in Safe Mode.
- Then, proceed to choose the option to Refresh Firefox twice.
Note that by refreshing all the settings to default, after creating a fresh user profile and by eliminating all the Firefox add-ons and customization like plugins, preferences and added search engines.
However, Firefox Refresh makes sure to not erase some items like,
- Personal Dictionary
- Browsing History
- Open windows and tabs
- Web form auto-fill information
And doing this can treat the users’ complaint of the Firefox can’t load XPCOM with ease. However, if the result after trying this is indifferent, make sure to head to the next method.
Furthermore, one must keep their options open and can consult a professional in order to solve the issue at one go.
Procedure 5: Roll Back to a Previous Version of the Operating System
At times, the system manifests some errors which are challenging to troubleshoot. That is because the issue lies in the recent changes that you made.
The Operating System finds it problematic to function smoothly with a new update. And that works like a ripple and induces the error also disrupting the functions of other applications as well.
However, make sure to stick through the steps that we presented for you to follow with ease:
- Firstly, click on the Power button and then, press and hold down the Shift button on the keyboard and proceed to choose the Restart button.
- Now, press the Troubleshoot option right when the computer Restarts.
- Then, proceed to click on the Advanced options present in the Troubleshoot window.
- Next, in the Advanced options, proceed to select the System Restore option of all the options on-screen.
- Doing this restarts the system. And then, opt for an account which has administrative rights.
- After that, type the respective password for this account and then hit the Continue option.
- Then, at the screen of System Restore, hit on Next. And after that, choose an earlier restore point and then press Next.
- Finally, confirm the alterations and click on the Finish button.
Now, you must wait for some time until the Computer System is restored to the chosen restore point. And when the Restore session is complete, you can resume the regular functions in your system once again.
In this way, you can troubleshoot the error which the system manifests. And we always suggest the users that they try their own hands to resolve any technical complication.
If they do it on their own, there will be not a single dime that you will have to spend. But, if the problem lingers even after trying all the methods, make sure to consult an expert in the technical field who can solve the problem thoroughly.
In this way, the users don’t complain that Firefox can’t load XPCOM since the problem is taken care of with expertise.