While browsing the internet, if you are getting the warning message on the Firefox screen that says Unresponsive script, then this will be one of the worst scenarios. In that case, to fix the matter, you need to follow the simple steps that you can learn from the below part of this article.
So, it is advised if you are facing the error, stop worrying and try out the steps as explained below. Here, from this article, you will learn the steps with the help of which many users have already resolved this problem efficiently.
The complete message that you will see on the Firefox script error window is “A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.”If you click on the Stop script button or the Continue button of the error window, the problem will not be sorted.
There are only two methods by which you can fix the Warning: Unresponsible script error efficiently, and those are explained below. It is advised to read the methods thoroughly at first before you proceed them. A pre-study of the methods will make you more efficient to fix the problem without facing any further glitches.
How to Solve the Firefox Unresponsible Script Error? Learn Some Effective Methods
To resolve the Unresponsible script error, try out the methods listed below. Hopefully, after trying any of the methods, you will get the error fixed. It is better to try the first explained method at first, as it does not affect any of the saved settings of the Firefox browser. Let’s not waste time and proceed with the first method to fix Firefox Unresponsive script error.
First Method: Use the Firefox “about: config” Window
There are just two methods to fix the unresponsive script error on Firefox. This is one among those methods which work to solve the error without changing the Firefox changes that you have modified after installing the browser. So, it is advised to try this method at first, and then check the problem status, whether it is resolved or not. Most of the users get an effective result by using the method.
- At first, launch the Firefox browser.
- Then, on the Address bar of the browser, type “about: config” without the quotations.
- Next, hit the Enter button to go to the Firefox about: config window. This will show you a warning message which says This might void your warranty. Now, ensure that the Show this warning next time check box is active. Then, click on the I accept the risk! Button to continue this method.
- Further, at the Search bar of the about: config tab, type dom.max. This will get you the two search results on the screen and that are as follows:
- Check the values for both the search results (dom.max_chrome_script_run_time and dom.max_script_run_time) and then right-click on the dom.max_chrome_script_run_time, at first. After that, select the Modify option from the menu. Next, as you get the Enter integer value pop-up window, change the value to 0. Further, click on OK to save the change.
- Do the same steps for the dom.max_script_run_time option as you have did with dom.max_chrome_script_run_time to save its value as 0.
- After changing the values into zero for the search results, ie. dom.max_chrome_script_run_time and dom.max_script_run_time, close the Firefox window.
- At last, reopen the browser to check if the issue still presents or not. Hopefully, no. But if yes, worry not and try the further method which will definitely resolve the matter. If you move forward with the second method, then the problem is that you need to sacrifice the changes which you have made after installing the Firefox on your PC.
Second Method: Refresh your Firefox
If the first method did not work for you in solving the unresponsive script on Firefox, then try refreshing the browser. By refreshing the Firefox browser, many of the users solve the script not response error on Firefox efficiently. To refresh your Firefox browser, follow the steps stated below:
- At first, launch the Firefox browser.
- After that, click on the Menu icon. The Firefox menu icon is present near to the top right-hand of the Firefox screen and it symbolized as the three parallel lines inside a box.
- Now, click on the question mark from the menu window that is present under the Customize section.
- Then, under the Help window, click on Troubleshooting Information.
- Next, at the top right-hand side section of the Troubleshooting Information window, you will get the Refresh Firefox button beneath Give Firefox a tune-up, click on it. This will open a window which contains the information that is provided below:
“Start fresh to fix problems and restore performance
Remove your add-ons and customizations
Restore your browser settings to their default”
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button. This will take a few minutes to complete the process.
- Once the process is over, click on the Finish button of the Import Complete window. Now, you will able to see a folder that gets stored onto the desktop screen.
- Further, as the Firefox window opens, you will get the Sucess message on the Firefox screen.
- At last, restart to use the Firefox browser to ensure that the Unresponsible script error gets resolved.
All these are the complete methods by the application of which you can fix the Unresponsive script error efficiently. Hopefully, after going through the steps of the methods completely, you will not be stuck in with the error anymore.